Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Candace Sutton's Favorite Time

Duke's Diner Salad Bar
One of my favorite times during the day is when I eat. More specifically, when I get a chance to sit down, relax and enjoy my food without rushing off to class or to go study. For those special times, I head to Duke’s Diner, more commonly called the cafeteria. The SWOSU cafeteria always has so many different choices each day and they are always warm and remind me of home-cooked meals. Everything’s great from the main entree line to the Asian line to the make-your-own sandwich station. And don't forget about the salad bar where I stock up on cucumber slices and macaroni salad. The desserts can be summed up in one word: delicious. Awesome cakes, rice crispy treats and cookies can always be found there. I almost eat at the cafeteria solely because of the desserts! I like the fact that I can eat my fill and leave not wanting more. It is truly a very satisfying feeling.

My other favorite part about the cafeteria is where I sit. I always go to the booths along the back wall by the window. I love to look outside and watch the trees sway in the breeze or glimpse at the fluffy clouds. It’s even better when the weather cooperates and the sky is clear blue. If I time it right, there won't even be crowds of hungry people around; it's the absolute best when you are by yourself and enjoying the quiet for a brief moment in time. A peaceful 30 minutes is all I need to get me through the day in one piece. I think that some people dismiss the cafeteria and put it in the same category as their own high school cafeteria, but really if you give it a chance, you might find yourself pleasantly surprised by the outcome. If you haven’t yet experienced “the cafeteria feeling” then the next time you walk past it, give it a try: it’ll be your reward of just deserts!

No comments:

Post a Comment