Monday, June 28, 2010

Erica Benda's Double Major

So life as a double major can be rough. My advice is to try to space out your hard classes and general education classes. However, if you are like me, you will end up telling yourself, “Hey I can handle anything you can throw at me. So bring it on life.” Welp, try telling yourself that during the last month of the semester. With all the banquets, tests, quizzes, homework assignments, running for a half marathon, your sister graduating on one of your busiest weeks, life gets pretty hectic. Can someone please tell me when the madness will end? I’m able to have fun some weekends, don’t get me wrong. It’s just that school is my priority in life and I feel like if I don’t succeed then I won’t accomplish my goals and I’ll let people down. I know that everyone is behind me though. College seriously is the best time of your life. It also can be the worst because of all the pressure. If you just keep pushing yourself then you can achieve your goals. It might take you a little longer than expected but you’ll get there. That’s what I have to tell myself all the time.
This semester I have gotten more involved with SWOSU. I recently joined Chi Alpha which is so amazing. I absolutely love going there. I also started going to the Biology Club meetings and bought a plant at the annual plant sale. I think it’s about to die though. I wish I could be more involved in Chem. Club but they have their meetings when I have class so I’m out of luck. I am busy most of the time with school but hey that’s my choice. I don’t regret it. Let’s take this morning for example.

This morning, I woke up at 7 a.m. to go to class.
  • 8 till 9:20 a.m - class.
  • Errands, research, studying, homework till 12:30 p.m.
  • 12:30 p.m. – chemistry department cook out
  • 1 p.m.- class
  • 2 till 4 p.m. – genetics lab
  • 4 till 6 p.m. - studied for organic
  • 6 till 8 p.m. - finally got a tiny nap (I like my naps to last more than three hours)
    8 p.m. – Chi Alpha
  • 9:30 p.m. – ran a few miles
Now studying for organic once more. So many tests this week and the orientation session tomorrow. Yay for waking up at 5 a.m.! Well that’s all from me for tonight.

Hope you enjoy SWOSU!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment