Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer and the OLs help with Relay for Life


I recently helped the OLs with the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life! When I signed up, I didn't really know what to expect. It was held at the Wellness Center and not knowing what to expect,I figured we would just walk around a track all night. When I got there, I was so shocked to see so many people that volunteered to help. It was so much fun! There were booths everywhere! Games to play, entertainment, a cotton candy stand, food stands, spray-on-tattoos. You name it! We got to hear life stories from those who have had cancer and overcame such a huge challenge, and remembered those who lost their life from cancer. Very emotional, as well as an uplifting time. It was great knowing that I helped raise money for such a good cause!:) Definitely doing it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment